Increased recycling opportunities and diversion initiatives help extend landfill life in a cost-effective manner.
The TNRD Solid Waste service area comprises all electoral areas within the political boundaries of the TNRD. Refuse originating outside of this boundary area depicted above will have to be disposed of in the respective regional district where the refuse originates. Click here for a regional district boundary map. Environmental Health Services manages the TNRD Solid Waste and Recycling programs throughout the TNRD with the exception of the City of Kamloops and Barnhartvale landfills, which are operated by the City of Kamloops.
TNRD UPDATES COVID-19 PROCEDURES AT SOLID WASTE FACILITIES
Effective immediately, all regularly accepted waste and recyclables (including yard waste) will once again be allowed at TNRD landfills, Eco-depots, and transfer stations.
For the health and safety of staff and visitors related to COVID-19, the TNRD has implemented physical distancing protocols at its sites. This includes increased staffing levels to help ensure that physical distancing requirements are followed, and fewer people will be allowed access to the site at one time.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation as you may be required to wait in line to access the site.
To help reduce wait times and keep staff and the public safe, please adhere to the following procedures:
- Only visit disposal facilities when necessary
- Follow all directions of site attendants
- Ensure materials are pre-sorted and easy to unload
- Bring full loads to avoid multiple trips
- Minimize your time on site
For more information, please contact 250-377-2596 or email email@example.com.
- Accepted Materials
- Solid Waste Management Bylaw 2681
- INFORMATION: Curbside Recyclable Materials (Accepted and Not Accepted)
- Source Separation Information Card 2018
- Recycle BC Recycling Guide
- TNRD Regional Solid Waste Management Plan (2007)
- Map of TNRD Transfer Stations, Eco-Depots, Landfills
- FORM: Free Disposal Day Proxy Load
- Free Disposal Day 2019 Information Sheet
- INFORMATION: Separation of Plastic Bags from Mixed Recycling
- INFORMATION: Mixed Recycling Change FAQs
- 2015 Changes to Household & Demolition, Landclearing and Construction (DLC) Tipping Fees
- Tipping Fee Credit Application
- Eco-Card Retail Form
- Climate Action Revenue Incentive Program Reporting (Methane Oxidation Beds Project)