New invaders are invasive plants that have limited populations within the TNRD, or are threatening TNRD borders. These plants are a top priority for treatment and monitoring. The goal is to eradicate New Invaders before they spread further. The TNRD will cover UP TO 100% of the cost of invasive plant control by a licensed contractor using herbicide, for select “New Invader” plant species.
*TNRD residents, and residents of the following municipalities, are eligible for this program: City of Merritt, District of Clearwater, District of Logan Lake, Sun Peaks Mountain Resort Municipality, Village of Clinton.
How to Apply
- Ensure the invasive plant in question is on the New Invader Program Eligible Plant List.
- Make arrangements with a TNRD Noxious Weed Control Contractor from the TNRD’s Certified Contractor List and request a quote from the Contractor to treat the New Invader in question.
- Complete the TNRD New Invader Program Application Form and submit it, along with the contractors quote to treat, for pre-approval by the TNRD.
- Once the application is pre-approved, the Contractor can carry out management activities.
- The Contractor will invoice the TNRD directly for work completed under the New Invader Program.