The TNRD uses Voyent Alert! as its provider for emergency alert notifications. This service is free for residents, easy to use, and anonymous. Having an emergency alert system in place ensures residents have access to trusted, timely and accurate information when their property is impacted. In order to receive notices, residents must register for the service.
The TNRD uses Voyent Alert! for notices listed below, and for other general communications as necessary.
* For TNRD Community Water Systems:
- Issuance of Water Quality Advisories or Boil Water Notices, and downgrading or rescindment of these notices
- Service Interruptions or Outages due to planned maintenance or repairs
* To be added to the Voyent Alert! notice list for your TNRD Community Water System, email email@example.com. Please includes your name, address, phone number(s), and the water system you would like to be added to.
Important: The TNRD does not have jurisdiction to issue emergency alert notifications for areas that are within municipalities or First Nations. To receive emergency alert notices for locations that are outside of the 10 TNRD Electoral Areas, please contact the local community to find out whether they provide this service.
About Voyent Alert!
- Personalized Communications: Voyent Alert! provides informative communications. Critical information such as the distance and direction from an incident, time of intercept and preferred evacuation routes from your tracked locations are provided.
- Track Multiple Locations: Voyent Alert! allows you to create and track multiple locations such as “Kids School” or “Mom’s House”. Any event or communication related to your tracked locations will be forwarded to you along your preferred communication channel.
- No Message Fatigue: Voyent Alert’s smart alerting capabilities ensure that you will only get notified when a communication is relevant to you or one of the locations you are tracking.
- Communications Your Way: Receive alerts over a wide variety of communication channels including mobile apps, text/SMS alerting, email or voice calling You can register for all or one of them.
- Privacy is Paramount: Registration is anonymous, and no information volunteered or derived is shared or used for marketing or data harvesting purposes. Locational information from your tracked locations is only used to determine its proximity to an alert event and to provide critical context within the communications (such as distance and direction).
- Leaving is Easy: Both mobile applications and web-based accounts provide access to an unsubscribe feature accessed via the menu icon on the top right of the screen/page. If the service isn’t working out simply click on the “Unsubscribe” button and you won’t be hearing from us again.