New Re-Loadable Eco-Cards
TNRD residents and businesses can now get re-loadable Eco-Cards for use at TNRD solid waste facilities. Eco-Cards can be loaded with funds at home or on the go using our new customer portal website. These new Eco-Cards are replacing the $10, $20 and $50 punch eco-card system currently in place.
There are 3 ways to set up your new re-loadable Eco-Card:
- Visit local Eco-Depot or Transfer Station. The site attendant can register you and give you your new re-loadable Eco-Card, which will be ready to use right away.
- Register online here, by filling out the Registration Form. Please allow 1-2 weeks to receive your card if registering online.
- Call the TNRD at 250 377-2596, and we can register you over the phone. Please allow 1-2 weeks to receive your card if registering by phone.
New accounts come with a one-time $10 welcome credit from the TNRD.
- 70 Mile
- Agate Bay
- Aspen Grove
- Black Pines
- Blue River
- Cache Creek
- Eagan Lake
- Heffley Creek
- Lac Le Jeune
- Little Fort
- Logan Lake
- Loon Lake
- Louis Creek
- Lower Nicola
- Paul Lake
- South Thompson
- Spences Bridge
- Sun Peaks
- Tranquille Valley
How to Use your Eco-Card
- When you arrive at a TNRD site, follow instructions to enter the scale for Eco-Depots or stop at attendant office for transfer stations.
- Present your re-loadable Eco-Card to the attendant.
- Confirm your name and address
- Follow instructions for depositing your materials
- Once load is dropped off your ticket will be finalized and a receipt emailed to you or printed if you wish.
How to Top-Up your Eco-Card Balance
Payment options are:
- Online using the customer portal website app.tnrd.ca. Load funds yourself using debit (with Visa/MasterCard symbol), Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard) or pre-paid Visa/MasterCard
- In person at an Eco-Depot with debit, Visa or MasterCard
- In Person at TNRD Main Office with cash, debit or cheque
- Thompson-Nicola Regional District, 300-465 Victoria Street, Kamloops, BC, V2C 2A9. Open Monday – Friday 8:30-4:30
- Online banking (3-5 business days): Add “Thompson-Nicola Regional District – Invoicing” as a payee, and use your re-loadable Eco-Card number as the account number
- For CIBC banking customers, please use “Thompson-Nicola Regional District – Utilities” as payee. The account number needs to be a 13 digit number; add zeroes at the beginning of the Eco-Card number
- Cheque or money order (expect longer waits due to mailing): Include your name and eco-card number mailed to:
Thompson-Nicola Regional District, 300-465 Victoria Street, Kamloops, BC, V2C 2A9
Frequently Asked Questions
The customer portal accepts Visa, MasterCard, debit cards with a Visa or MasterCard symbol on them, or pre-paid Visa/MasterCard credit cards (this is a great option for those who do not have a credit card or only wish to pay cash at a local store).
Yes, through the customer portal you can store your payment card information on file and set automatic top-ups of your choice. Receipts will be emailed to you with the transaction details.
You will need to go to an Eco-Depot to have the site attendant/TNRD staff top-up your account for you using debit, Visa or MasterCard.
You can also visit the TNRD main administration office in Kamloops to top-up your card using debit, cash, cheque or money order.
In person at an Eco-Depot with debit card.
In person at TNRD Main Office with cash, debit or cheque.
Online banking: Add “Thompson-Nicola Regional District – Invoicing” as a payee and use your re-loadable eco-card number as the account number
- For CIBC banking customers please use “Thompson–Nicola Regional District – Utilities” as payee. The account number needs to be a 13-digit number, add zeroes at the beginning of the Eco-Card number.
Cheque or money order(include your name and Eco-Card number) mailed to:
Thompson-Nicola Regional District, #300-465 Victoria Street, Kamloops, BC, V2C 2A9
You may have several Eco-Cards using the same account.
Yes. This is important for security purposes and preventing unauthorized charges. You will be asked to confirm your name and address after giving the site attendant your Eco-Card number (on the back of the card).
Call the TNRD at (250) 377-2596, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit your local Eco-Depot or participating transfer station for assistance. Your lost or stolen card will be deactivated and replaced with a new one.
If you’d prefer to use this system instead of receiving a monthly invoice please call the TNRD at (250) 377-2596 or email email@example.com