The TNIPMC is administered by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD). The committee is comprised of 11 members that represent a variety of perspectives, including provincial and local governments, First Nations, academia and stewardship. The committee’s operating area follows the TNRD boundary.
The TNIPMC encourages multi-party collaboration on invasive plant management. The committee also works towards protecting the regions environmental, economic and social values from invasive plant impacts by sharing invasive plant prevention and management messaging.
To learn more about the TNIPMC and invasive plants in our region, visit tnipmc.com.
The membership of the TNIPMC includes representatives from following:
- TNRD directors from electoral areas and a municipality
- Provincial government (Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development, Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, BC Parks)
- Shuswap Nation Tribal Council
- Nicola Tribal Association
- BC Cattlemen’s Association, as well as key organizations with invasive plant expertise.
- Thompson Rivers University
- Grasslands Conservation Council
The Southern Interior Weed Management Committee (SIWMC), which delivered invasive plant management on Crown land throughout the TNRD over the past two decades, ceased to exist in 2017. The original TNRD Invasive Plant Committee which had existed since the 1970s has been replaced by the TNIPMC.
Contact us about invasive plant management within the TNRD.