On this page, you will find response and recovery information in relation to wildfires that are within TNRD boundaries that are impacting addressed properties.
Regular updates from the BC Wildfire Service are available on the Wildfires of Note webpage. Information on all TNRD Evacuation Orders and Alerts can be found under Related Links.
Nohomin Creek and Maria Creek Wildfires
The BC Wildfire Service has created a regular newsletter to provide updates on the Nohomin Creek and Maria Creek wildfires.
Information for Returning Residents
The TNRD has created an information package for residents who are returning home after being evacuated due to a wildfire.
Emergency Support Services
Emergency Support Services (ESS) reception centres are available for residents who have been evacuated. In many cases, home or tenant insurance actually provides greater support than what is available through ESS. Be sure to speak with your insurance representative to see what’s available to you.
According to the Province of BC, ESS services can include primary services such as temporary lodging, food, clothing and incidentals (such as toiletries), or specialized services such as emotional support, health services (such as first aid), pet care and transportation. Learn more by visiting the Emergency Support Service program webpage.
If you have been evacuated and are in need of assistance, you can self-register for ESS using the Evacuee Registration and Assistance tool.
For updated hours of ESS reception centres during an active evacuation order, please contact the TNRD Emergency Operations Centre at 250-377-7188, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TNRD Emergency Services: Find the status of Evacuation Orders and Alerts, the interactive Emergency Map, and recordings of Public Information Meetings from the Emergency Operations Centre
- Register to Voyent Alert! for TNRD emergency notifications
- BC Wildfire Service: Current wildfire activity, wildfires of note, fire danger ratings, fire bans and restrictions and more
- Emergency Info BC: Verified information on partial or full-scale emergency events, and on response and recovery resources
- Environment Canada: Daily forecasts for all B.C. weather stations and weather alerts
- Follow the TNRD on Facebook and Twitter