An application to divide an existing parcel into two or more new parcels or an application to adjust parcel boundaries is a “subdivision.”

The approving authority for rural subdivision (that is lands in Electoral Areas) is Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MoTI). Rural subdivision applications must be submitted to your District MoTI or Front Counter BC office. Click here to go to the MoTI website where the process is comprehensively explained.

The FAQ Sheet below explains the TNRD involvement in the process:

The Subdivision Servicing Bylaw 2403 also sets out additional TNRD requirements for subdivisions:

Sign up for the TNRD mailing list

Subscribe to get the latest regional news and updates delivered straight to your inbox. Opt in or out anytime.

Scroll to Top