The TNRD is authorized under the Local Government Act to designate land as a floodplain and specify minimum flood construction levels and setbacks from watercourses. Floodplain Management Bylaw 2828 applies to all persons who construct, reconstruct, move, extend or locate a building, manufactured home, or structure on TNRD lands designated as floodplain.
- Bonaparte River: Drawing Nos. 05-01 to 05-11
- Nicola River: Drawing Nos 87-22-1 to 87-22-15
- North Thompson River: Drawing Nos. A5302-9 to A5302-48
- South Thompson River: Drawing Nos 5113-3 to 5113-15
- Thompson River at Savona (west of Savona): Drawing Nos. 04-01 to 04-10
- Thompson River at Spences Bridge: Drawing Nos 04-01 to 04-06
Search Floodplain Areas Manually
You can search mapped floodplain areas manually by using the TNRD myRegionView application. (Ensure that “Land Use” and “200 Year Floodplain” are selected). Please note: Not all floodplain areas have been mapped. Floodplain areas are defined by horizontal setbacks and vertical elevations that are specified in s. 5.2 and 5.3 of Floodplain Management Bylaw 2828.