Kamloops, BC—December 1, 2020— Are you a screenwriter looking for a new challenge? Spend four months in Kamloops, BC working with the Thompson-Nicola Regional Library (TNRL) as its 2021 Writer in Residence, providing support for local writers of all genres while having the opportunity to work on your own personal writing projects.
The Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD) attracts film and TV productions from all over the world and boasts a burgeoning local film industry. We are dedicated to championing the creative industries within the region and province-wide. Learn about the Thompson-Nicola Film Commission, local film festivals, and what makes the TNRD the Region of BC’s Best at filmthompsonnicola.com.
The TNRL is interested in hearing from applicants who:
- Have experience as a screenwriter of narrative episodic TV, feature films, and/or documentaries.
- Have a significant body of screenwriting credits that include projects that have been:
- broadcast on network TV;
- released via streaming services;
- distributed via and exhibited in theatres; or
- released direct-to-video.
- Are starting or planning a screenwriting project intended for broadcast, DVD or theatrical release.
- Have demonstrated teaching, public speaking, and program planning experience.
- Are enthusiastic about providing mentorship for writers in one-on-one and group settings, in-person and remotely.
- Are available to reside in Kamloops on a full-time basis throughout the residency.
In addition to having time to work on your own projects, you will deliver programs and events for the general public and for community groups and will assist local writers through one-on-one consultations, workshops, and more.
The Writer in Residence term runs from March – June 2021. The deadline for applications is Friday, December 11, 2020 at 4:00 pm PDT. For full details and how to apply visit tnrd.ca/about-us/careers.
Applications will be shortlisted and virtual interviews will take place in mid-January. All applicants will be notified of the status of their applications at this time.
For questions about the Writer in Residence program, please contact Catherine Schmidt, Coordinator, Adult Services at email@example.com or 250-372-5145.
Read about how the TNRD is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic for public and staff at tnrd.ca/covid-19-information.
Catherine Schmidt, Coordinator, Adult Services
Thompson-Nicola Regional Library