The Board of Directors of the Thompson-Nicola Regional District gives notice that it will hold a Public Hearing at the Valley First Lounge, Sandman Centre, (west side of arena) at 300 Lorne St, Kamloops, BC, to consider proposed Bylaw No. 2719.
What is Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 2719, 2020?
It sets out numerous amendments to Zoning Bylaw 2400, including the following:
- Differentiate between a duplex and a secondary suite in land and building use and definitions.
- Add filming, places of worship, and community gardens to uses permitted in all zones.
- Add provisions to allow/regulate bee keeping and backyard hens for small residential parcels.
- Expand livestock limit regulations for parcels up to 2 ha in area.
- Clarify that personal service, of limited scale, is an allowed home-based business.
- Provide for pro-rated accessory building area based on parcel area, within limits.
- Add campground use to the RVP-1 Zone.
- Add park model use to the MH-1 Zone.
- Add definitions as required for the proposed changes and revise some existing definitions for bylaw clarity and consistency.
- Rezone portions of Rivershore subdivision and golf course from the AF-1 and CR-1 Zones to R-1 Zone for residential parcels and AF-1 for the golf course, as shown in the map.
All persons who believe that their interest in property may be affected by the proposed Bylaw shall be afforded a reasonable opportunity to be heard at the Public Hearing. Additionally, they may make written submissions on the matter of Bylaw 2719 (via the options below) which must be received at our office prior to 9:00 a.m. on the 17th day of November, 2020. While written submissions are encouraged during this time, anyone wishing to attend the public hearing in person to speak may do so. Contact Planning Services before the Hearing to arrange access. The entire content of all submissions will be made public and form a part of the public record for this matter.
How do I get more information?
Copies of the proposed Bylaw and all supporting documents are available for viewing from October 30, 2020 to 1:15 pm the day of the Hearing.
Information & submissions
No representations will be received by the Board of Directors after the Public Hearing has been concluded.
R. Sadilkova, Director of Development Services