- This event has passed.
Firefighter Recruitment Open House for Monte Creek Fire Hall
July 23 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD) is recruiting firefighters for the Monte Creek Fire Hall. The TNRD and Pritchard Fire Department are holding an open house to provide information to interested residents.
When: Saturday, July 23, 2022, 10 am to 2 pm
Where: Pritchard Fire Hall, 4289 Harrison Road
What you need to know about becoming a firefighter:
- No previous experience is necessary to become a volunteer
firefighter – volunteers train to professional standards;
- Volunteer firefighters of all ages and backgrounds are
welcome, male or female;
- Volunteers are paid per call for their response,
training and practices;
- All required PPE and training are provided –
no out-of-pocket costs;
- Volunteer firefighters commit to two hours
per week of training at their local fire hall;
- Volunteer firefighters receive insurance coverage through
WorkSafeBC, 24-hour accident insurance coverage, and
$100,000 life insurance in case of accidental death; and
- The federal government provides tax credits to volunteer
firefighters who serve at least 200 hours per year.
- A Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- Physically able to perform
tasks and duties of the job
- Criminal Records Check;
- Able to commit to training; and
- Live and/or work in the
If you have any questions, please contact TNRD Fire Protection Services at 250-377-8673, or firstname.lastname@example.org.