The Thompson-Nicola Regional District gives notice that it will hold a Public Hearing at the TNRD Civic Building Boardroom on Wednesday, July 12, 2023 at 5 pm to consider proposed Bylaw 2792 (South Green Lake, Electoral Area “E”), and proposed Bylaw 2815 (Tobiano, Electoral Area “J”, Momich River, Electoral Area “O”, TNRD zoning).
What are the changes in proposed Bylaw 2792, 2022?
These revise the Green Lake and Area Official Community Plan (OCP) and would:
- Clarify the OCP Riparian (& onsite septic system) Development Permit (DP) Area policy
- Reduce the scope of when Hazardous Land & Environmentally Sensitive DPs get triggered
- Add policy to guide applications for RV living use via a Temporary Use Permit
What is the proposed Bylaw 2815, 2023?
It sets out numerous (omnibus) comprehensive changes to TNRD Zoning Bylaw 2400, including:
- Shift floodplain regulations from Bylaw 2400 into a standalone floodplain bylaw
- Increase all building minimum side/rear setbacks to 2.4 metres to align with BC Building Code
- Decrease MHP-1 zone density given increases in unit sizes and doubling of fire separations
- Clarify how site-built homes and factory built manufactured homes (MHs) can be combined
- Combine R-1 and R-2 zones and so remove the prohibition on narrow homes and single-wide MHs (properties currently zoned R-2 will become zoned R-1)
- Clarify that a long breezeway, corridor, or similar cannot serve to make two buildings into one
- Increase the size of parcel area that is subject to existing livestock limits to 4 hectares
- Clarify that lot coverage includes all buildings and not only those subject to building permit
- Allow secondary suites in all Tobiano CD-1 Zone and RA-2 Zone single family dwellings and remove the 80m2 cap in suite area
- Add new definitions and revise several existing definitions
- Rezone 10045 Adams Lake FSR, shown shaded on the adjacent map, to the LRT-2 Zone to ensure lawful conforming use for Grizzly Adams Lake Resort
Make a Submission
All persons who believe that their interest in property may be affected by the proposed Bylaws shall be afforded a reasonable opportunity to be heard at the Public Hearing. Additionally, they may make written submissions on the matter of Zoning Bylaw Amendments 2716 and 2804 which must be received at the TNRD Civic Building main office prior to 9 am on July 11, 2023. The entire content of all submissions will be made public and form a part of the public record for this matter.
How Do I Get More Information?
A copy of each proposed Bylaw and all supporting information can be inspected between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays) at the TNRD Civic Building main office from 8:30 am on June 19, 2023, until 4 pm of the day of the Public Hearing.