Kamloops, BC – June 19, 2020 – The Thompson-Nicola Regional District’s Civic Building administrative office has reopened to the public by appointment only, with new protocols and safety plans in place.
Members of the public can call 250-377-8673 or 1-877-377-8673 (toll-free in BC) to book an appointment with the appropriate department and staff member. Appointments may be booked for ½-hour time slots, and the TNRD will adhere to special sanitization and physical distancing protocols guided by WorkSafe BC to help protect workers and visitors. The public is still encouraged to contact the TNRD by telephone and email as much as possible.
The TNRD office closure was initiated on March 18 in response to the provincial State of Emergency due to COVID-19. Limited essential services have continued to be provided, with most TNRD staff working remotely and responding to public needs via email and telephone.
At its Regular Meeting on Thursday, June 18, 2020, the Board of Directors approved the TNRD’s Restoration of District Services Policy as part of its efforts to provide services while also limiting the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
With the lifting of provincial restrictions, the following steps are being taken to restore services:
- Administrative office open by appointment only
- Library offering free WiFi within the vicinity of the building and Takeout Service at all branches
- All regularly accepted waste and recyclables (including yard waste) is allowed at TNRD landfills, Eco-depots, and transfer stations
- Community parks have been reopened
- Community halls can be booked with capacity limits
- Commercial, domestic and international productions are permitted to restart filming in the region with a safety plan in place
The TNRD greatly appreciates the patience, courtesy and caring that has been shown by our residents during this time. We hope this consideration will continue as we gradually restore full service operations, which will proceed based on the advice of BC’s Provincial Health Officer.
Randy Diehl, Chief Administrative Officer
Thompson-Nicola Regional District