Official Declaration of Results: Black Pines Water Service System Assent Voting
|Advance Voting Opportunity and Mail Ballot Voting||13||2|
|General Voting Day||25||11|
|Total Number of Votes||38||13|
Notice of Assent Voting
Public notice is given to the electors within the Black Pines community water system service area located in Electoral Area “P” of the Thompson-Nicola Regional District as defined on the map below, that assent voting will be held on the following question:
“Are you in favour of Loan Authorization Bylaw No. 2726 to authorize the Thompson-Nicola Regional District to borrow up to Four Hundred and Fifty-Five Thousand Dollars ($455,000) for the purpose of upgrading the Black Pines Community Water System?”
Pre-Referendum Public Information Session
Saturday, February 20, 2021
8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Whispering Pines Community Hall
615 Whispering Pines Drive, Kamloops BC V2B 8S4
Wednesday, February 10, 2021
8:00 am to 8:00 pm
TNRD Civic Building Offices 4th Floor
465 Victoria Street, Kamloops BC V2C 2A9
There is no need to pre-register to vote as the registration of qualified electors will take place at the time of voting. You will be required to make a declaration that you meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older on general voting day;
- Canadian citizen;
- resident of BC for at least 6 months immediately before the day of registration;
- resident of OR registered owner of real property in the Black Pines water system service area for at least 30 days immediately before the day of registration, and
- not disqualified under the Local Government Act or any other enactment from voting in the assent voting and not otherwise disqualified by law.
Resident electors must produce 2 pieces of identification (at least one with a signature). Picture identification is not necessary. The identification must prove both residency and identity.
Non-resident property electors must produce 2 pieces of identification (at least one with a signature) to prove identity, provide proof that they are entitled to register in relation to the property, and, if there is more than one owner, provide written consent from a majority of the property owners to one owner voting.
What You Need to Know:
Your mail ballot package will include instructions on how to complete and return your mail ballot.
Mail ballot packages will be sent out commencing on or about January 29. To be counted, your mail ballot must be received by the Chief Election Officer no later than 8:00 pm on Saturday February 20, 2021.
Completed mail ballots should be placed in the mail by Friday February 12 at the latest. Postage is included for mail ballot packages within Canada.
Mail ballots can also be returned
- In-person at the TNRD Civic Building 465 Victoria Street, 4th floor weekdays only between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm
- Before 8 pm at the voting place (Whispering Pines Community Hall) on general voting day (Saturday February 20, 2021).