Kamloops, BC – March 16, 2020 – As a result of the rapidly changing situation around COVID-19, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District will be closing all Library locations to the public beginning on Tuesday, March 17, until further notice.
Please note that Monday, March 16 will be the last day that customers can pick up holds or borrow books until Library locations reopen.
In addition, the Avola School House, Little Fort and Vavenby Community Halls will be shut down after this evening.
We’ve made these decision to support the overall health and wellness of our communities and for the safety of our customers and staff. Closing these public spaces is the responsible thing to do, and the best way to serve our patrons right now is to help minimize the spread of COVID-19.
We know that our library system is a critical resource for all ages, so we are taking steps to support our patrons during this temporary closure:
- All book drops will be closed during this time. Please do not return library items during the closure period.
- All due dates will be extended until Tuesday, April 29 and fines are waived during the closure period.
- All of our digital content, including eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, video streaming, eLearning, is available 24/7 online. Visit the tnrl.ca website for all digital content.
The health and safety of our patrons and staff is our top priority. For more information, go to www.tnrd.ca.
The TNRD will continue to monitor the news and recommendations of health officials and will take additional steps as needed.
If you are feeling sick, please stay at home and take care of yourself. We want everyone to stay healthy!
If you have flu-like symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider. Or call HealthLinkBC at 811 toll-free in BC (711 for the deaf and the hard of hearing toll-free in BC) and speak with a health service navigator.
The following websites provide the latest updates on the Coronavirus, as well as prevention and mitigation methods:
- Interior Health Agency (IHA)
- BC Ministry of Health
- BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC)
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Tuesday, March 17, 2020 – 5:30pm