Pursuant to Section 12 (1) of the Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), effective August 18, 2023 at 8:00 pm, because of the potential danger to life and safety due to the Lower East Adams Lake wildfire.
An evacuation order is now in effect for approximately 135 addressed properties in Electoral Area “L” (Grasslands) as outlined on the attached map.
What You Should Do:
- If you are in the described area, you must leave immediately.
- To receive Emergency Support Services, please self-register using the Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) tool: https://ess.gov.bc.ca/, and report to the Reception Centre, located at the McArthur Island Sport and Event Centre, 1655 Island Pkwy, Kamloops, BC V2B 6Y9 (via Shuswap – Chase Creek Road).
- Make arrangements to stay with family or friends (if possible).
- Gather family; take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take pets in kennels or on a leash.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, keys) only if they are immediately available.
Emergency Support Services will only be provided if your primary residence is under evacuation order. Please note that Squilax – Turtle Valley Road is closed, and evacuees should take Skimikin Road and Shuswap – Chase Creek Road to evacuate to Kamloops.
For property owners who need to move livestock, please contact the TNRD Agriculture Liaison directly at 250-377-7188 (extension 2342), or email@example.com.
Please note that, as of August 18, 2023 at 8:00 pm, the Village of Chase remains on Evacuation Alert. At this time, the village is being impacted by a power outage and Village of Chase communications abilities have been affected.
For updates about wildfire activity, please visit the BC Wildfire Service Wildfires Map.
For more information and to access the interactive Emergency Map, visit: tnrd.ca/emergency.
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377-7188
Toll Free: 1-866-377-7188