The Evacuation Order for the Napier Lake area has been downgraded to an Evacuation Alert issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) effective at 1930 hrs on July 7, 2021 for 96 properties addressed as,:
- 8420 to 8588 Fraser Rd;
- 80 to 200 Golden Quill Trail;
- 7085 to 7745 Hwy 5A;
- 11425 Kamloops-Merritt Hwy 5A;
- 8745 to 8805 Long Lake Rd;
- 8165 to 8895 Old Kamloops Rd;
- 7630 to 7650 Raven Ridge Rd;
- 6465 to 8145 Trapp Lake Rd;
- 16 to 72 Windy Way; and
- other properties as identified on the attached map.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
For more information contact:
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Toll Free: 1-866-377-7188