Pursuant to Section 12 (1) of the Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation Order has been revised by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), effective August 26, 2023 at 1700 hrs, because of the potential danger to life and safety due to wildfire.
An evacuation order remains in effect for approximately 57 addressed properties in the following areas of Electoral Area “L” (Grasslands)
- 600 to 863 Bailey Rd;
- 8449 to 8589 Black Mountain Rd
- 565 to 652 English Rd
- 8420 to 8453 Heitman Rd
- 8097 Skimikin Rd
- 268 to 808 Squilax-Turtle Valley Rd;
- And any other properties as outlined in the attached map.
For those remaining in the Evacuation Order, please:
- If you are in the described area, you must leave immediately.
- To receive Emergency Support Services, please self-register using the Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) tool: ess.gov.bc.ca/, and report to the Reception Centre, located at 1655 Island Pkwy, Kamloops, BC V2B 6Y9. If you do require Emergency Support Services please call 250-256-8524 before arriving.
- Make arrangements to stay with family or friends (if possible).
- Gather family; take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take pets in kennels or on a leash.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, keys) only if they are immediately available.
The Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD) has prepared an information package that contains important information about returning home after an ordered evacuation and the threat of wildfire is over. Please click here for further details.
For updates about wildfire activity, please visit the BC Wildfire Service Wildfires Map.
For more information and to access the interactive Emergency Map, visit: tnrd.ca/emergency
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377 7188
Toll Free: 1 866 377 7188