A portion of an Evacuation Order issued for the Sparks Lake Wildfire in Electoral Area “J” (Copper Desert Country) has been downgraded to an Evacuation Alert for the following 20 addressed properties:
- 3653 to 5265 Deadman-Vidette Rd;
- 6385 Deadman-Cache Creek Rd
- any other properties identified on the attached map.
An Evacuation Order may need to be reissued; however, if that is deemed necessary, the Evacuation Order process will re-commence.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Fill the gas tank of personal vehicles;
- Bring a minimum of three days of food and essential supplies with you (e.g. medications, pet supplies).
Important road safety information for public and residents returning home in this area:
- This is an active wildfire area where crews and equipment are working.
- There is a risk from danger trees and falling trees at any time along any road, even though the areas are regularly assessed for these hazards.
- Roads may be closed and access denied when equipment or crews are working in the area.
- Travelers are expected to drive slowly with headlights in use and appropriate road radio frequency utilized.
Because of the potential danger to life and safety, the following 60 addressed properties remain on Evacuation Order:
- 5472 to 5993 3400 Rd;
- 5293 and 5675 342 Rd;
- 5848 Clinton-Loon Lake Forest Service Rd;
- 7888 and 8396 Clinton-Upper Loon Lake Forest Service Rd;
- 7824 to 10020 Deadman-Vidette Rd;
- 4595 to 6481 Tranquille Criss Creek Rd; and
- other properties as identified on the attached map.
For more information contact:
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377 7188
Toll Free: 1 866 377 7188