Pursuant to Section 12 (1) of the BC Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation Order has been issued by Chair Ken Gillis from the Thompson-Nicola Regional District at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A wildfire event located in the vicinity of White Rock Lake is threatening structures and the safety of residents in Electoral Area “L” (Grasslands).
Because of the potential danger to life and safety, the following 45 addressed property remain on ORDER:
• 8640 and 8700 Douglas Lake Rd;
• 4120 and 4249 Kristianson Rd;
• 4025 to 5970 Paxton Valley Rd;
• 5209 Six Mile Creek Rd;
• 4294 Strong Rd;
• 5469 to 5545 Westlund Rd; and
• any other properties identified on the attached order map.
If you are in the described area, you must leave immediately.
The following 74 addressed properties have been downgraded but remain on evacuation ALERT.
• 4523 to 5731 Back Rd;
• 6562 to 6580 Becker Rd;
• 6651 to 8440 Douglas Lake Rd;
• 5277 Montana Lake Rd;
• 6671 to 6919 Service Rd; and
• any other properties identified on the attached alert map.
An Evacuation Order may need to be reissued; however, if that is deemed necessary, the Evacuation Order process will re-commence.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Fill the gas tank of personal vehicles;
• Bring a minimum of three days of food and essential supplies with you (e.g. medications, pet supplies).
To check the evacuation status of an address please go to the evacuation status dashboard on the tnrd.ca website at: http://tnrd.org/eocmap
For more information contact:
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377 7188
Toll Free: 1 866 377 7188