Pursuant to Section 12 (1) of the Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation Order has been downgraded by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), effective August 24, 2023 at 4:00 pm, in the vicinity of the Ross Moore Lake wildfire.
An evacuation order has been downgraded from approximately 48 addressed properties to approximately 10 addressed properties in areas of Electoral Area “J” (Copper Desert Country), Electoral Area “L” (Grasslands) and Electoral Area “M” (Beautiful Nicola Valley – North), as outlined on the attached map.
What You Should Do:
- If you are in the described Evacuation Order area, you must leave immediately.
- To receive Emergency Support Services, please self-register using the Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) tool: https://ess.gov.bc.ca/, and report to the Reception Centre, located at 1655 Island Pkwy, Kamloops, BC V2B 6Y9.
- Make arrangements to stay with family or friends (if possible).
- Gather family; take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take pets in kennels or on a leash.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, keys) only if they are immediately available.
Emergency Support Services will only be provided if your primary residence is under evacuation order.
For more information and to access the interactive Emergency Map, visit: tnrd.ca/emergency.
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377-7188
Toll Free: 1-866-377-7188