An Evacuation Alert has been expanded by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), effective September 2, 2023 at 1100 hrs, due to wildfire.
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “J” (Copper Desert Country), Electoral Area “L” (Grasslands) and Electoral Area “M” (Beautiful Nicola Valley-North) poses a threat to life and property for approximately 354 addressed properties as outlined in the attached map. 351 addressed properties were already on Evacuation Alert, and 3 addressed properties have been downgraded from Evacuation Order and added to create this expanded Alert boundary.
This Evacuation Alert is in place to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an Evacuation Order; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
What You Should Do:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents or pets, and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Make arrangements to stay with family or friends (if possible).
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
For more information and to access the interactive Emergency Map, visit: tnrd.ca/emergency.
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377-7188
Toll Free: 1-866-377-7188