Pursuant to Section 12 (1) of the Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), effective August 17, 2023 at 2330 hrs, because of the potential danger to life and safety due to the Kookipi Creek wildfire.
An evacuation order is now in effect for approximately 42 addressed properties in Electoral Area “I” (Blue Sky Country) as outlined in the attached map.
What You Should Do:
- If you are in the described area, you must leave immediately.
- To receive Emergency Support Services, please self-register using the Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) tool: https://ess.gov.bc.ca/, and report to the Reception Centre, located at 1655 Island Pkwy, Kamloops, BC V2B 6Y9.
- Make arrangements to stay with family or friends (if possible).
- Gather family; take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take pets in kennels or on a leash.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, keys) only if they are immediately available.
Emergency Support Services will only be provided if your primary residence is under evacuation order.
For updates about wildfire activity, please visit the BC Wildfire Service Wildfires Map.
For more information and to access the interactive Emergency Map, visit: tnrd.ca/emergency.
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377-7188
Toll Free: 1 866 377-7188