An Evacuation Order has been downgraded to an Evacuation Alert by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) effective at 2130 hrs on July 8, 2021 for 71 properties addressed as:
- 9273 to 9437 Dominic Lake Forest Service Rd;
- 4445 Greenstone Rd;
- 2380 to 5625 Tunkwa Lake Rd; and
- other properties as identified on the attached map.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
For more information contact:
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Toll Free: 1-866-377-7188