The Evacuation Order issued on August 15, 2021 at 1730 hrs has been downgraded to an Evacuation Alert by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) for the following 12 properties addressed as:
• 8400 Akehurst Lake;
• 7800 Caverhill Lake;
• 8280 Darlington Creek FSR;
• 3381 to 3437 Jamieson-Spruce Grove FSR;
• 6620 Jamieson-Spruce Grove FSR; and
• any other properties identified on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 1200 hrs on August 22, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
• Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
• Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
• Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
• Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
• Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
• Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377 7188
Toll Free: 1 866 377 7188