The Evacuation Order issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) on August 24, 2023 at 1500 hrs has been downgraded to an Evacuation Alert, effective September 4, 2023 at 1400 hrs, for approximately 2 addressed properties in the area of Electoral Area “I” (Blue Sky Country).
This Evacuation Alert is now in place for approximately 2 addressed properties, due to the Stein Mountain wildfire, as outlined on the attached map.
The Thompson-Nicola Regional District (TNRD) has prepared an information package that contains important information about returning home after an ordered evacuation and the threat of wildfire is over. Please click here for further details.
This Evacuation Alert is in place to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an Evacuation Order; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
What You Should Do:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents or pets, and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Make arrangements to stay with family or friends (if possible).
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
For more information and to access the interactive Emergency Map, visit: tnrd.ca/emergency.
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377-7188
Toll Free: 1-866-377-7188