An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “M” (Beautiful Nicola Valley-North) and Electoral Area “L” (Grasslands) poses a threat to the structures and residents for 213 properties addressed as:
- 4523 to 5737 Back Rd;
- 6562 to 6580 Becker Rd;
- 4732 to 4754 Buff Frontage Rd;
- 6607 to 6725 Bulman Rd;
- 6539 to 8640 Douglas Lake Rd;
- 3997 to 5791 Hwy 97;
- 6639 Pringle Rd;
- 6572 to 6919 Service Rd;
- 6365 to 6504 Westwold Station Rd; and
- any other properties within the boundary noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 2100 hrs on July 16, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.