An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “L” (Grasslands) poses a threat to the structures and residents for properties and area within the boundary noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert effective at 0930 hrs on August 6, 2021 for the following 83 addressed properties:
- 792 to 797 Boysse Rd;
- 7700 and 7740 Butler Rd;
- 815 to 1488 Chase-Falkland Rd;
- 6265 Dandlicker Rd;
- 789 to 1389 Hepburn Rd;
- 7516 and 7520 Payne Rd;
- 345 to 455 Riverwind Dr;
- 305 to 786 Shuswap-Chase Creek Rd;
- 7154 to7161 Skimikin Rd;
- 6150 to 7260 Trans-Canada Hwy;
- 5645 to 5649 VLA Rd; and
- any properties with the boundary outlined on the attached map.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
To check the evacuation status of an address please go to the evacuation status dashboard on the tnrd.ca website at: http://tnrd.org/eocmap
For more information contact:
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377 7188
Toll Free: 1 866 377 7188