An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “L” (Grasslands) poses a threat to the structures and residents for properties and area within the boundary noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert effective at 0900 hrs on August 2, 2021 for the following 76 addressed properties:
- 12480 Douglas Lake Rd;
- 9140 Fraser Rd;
- 4920 Lauder Rd to 5420 Lauder Rd;
- 5091 Northcott Rd to 5127 Northcott Rd;
- 7160 and 7200 Roche Lake Rd;
- 7000 Smith Lake FSR;
- 4570 Wildwood Rd to 4621 Wildwood Rd; and
- any properties with the boundary outlined on the attached map.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
For more information contact:
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377 7188
Toll Free: 1 866 377 7188