An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC). A current wildfire in Electoral Area “J” (Copper Desert Country) poses a threat to the structures and residents for the following 385 addressed properties in Tobiano:
- All address points in Tobiano including:
- Cavesson Way;
- Colebrook Road;
- Holloway Drive;
- Lake Point Court;
- Marina Bay Road;
- Old Paint Road;
- Ranchlands Court;
- Rue Cheval Noir;
- 6349 Beaton Road;
- 6176 Gardi Road;
- 8660 and 9900 Six Mile Hill Rd;
- 6177 to 6628 Trans-Canada Hwy;
- 100 to 280 Tunkwa Lake Rd;
- 410 to 460 Tunkwa Lake Rd;
- 640 Tunkwa Lake Rd;
- 1140 to 1160 Tunkwa Lake Rd; and
- any other properties located within the area noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 1830 hrs on August 5, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
• Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
• Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
• Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
• Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
• Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
• Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377 7188
Toll Free: 1 866 377 7188