An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “I” (Blue Sky Country) and Electoral Area “J” (Copper Desert Country) near Barnes Lake poses a threat to the structures and residents for 675 properties addressed as:
- All properties in Savona;
- All properties in Walhachin;
- All properties in Thompson River Estates; and
- any other properties located within the area noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 1630 hrs on July 14, 2021.
To check the evacuation status of an address please go to the evacuation status dashboard on the tnrd.ca website at: http://tnrd.org/eocmap
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception
For more information contact:
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Toll Free: 1-866-377-7188