An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “M” (Beautiful Nicola Valley-North) and Electoral Area “N” (Beautiful Nicola Valley-South) poses a threat to the structures and residents for 51 properties addressed as:
• 600 to 660 Billwiller Rd;
• 68 to 380 Coldwater Rd;
• 81 to 507 Lindley Creek Rd;
• 465 to 1119 Merritt-Spences Bridge Hwy 8;
• 181 to 818 Midday Valley Rd;
• 700 to 840 Neilson St;
• 88 to 304 Veale Rd; and
• any other properties located within the area noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 2200 hrs on August 15, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
• Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
• Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
• Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
• Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
• Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
• Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
For further information visit www.bcwildfire.ca and www.tnrd.ca/emergency-services.
For more information contact:
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377 7188
Toll Free: 1 866 377 7188