An Evacuation Alert issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), on August 7, 2023 at 12:00 pm, due to the Bush Creek East wildfire has been partially downgraded to All Clear, effective September 5, 2023 at 11:00 am.
An Evacuation Alert remains in effect for approximately 36 addressed properties in Agate Bay, in Electoral Area “O” (Lower North Thompson) as outlined on the attached map.
The Evacuation Alert has been downgraded to All Clear for approximately 49 addressed properties in the vicinity of Agate Bay Road, from west of Agate Bay to Forest Lake.
This Evacuation Alert is in place to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an Evacuation Order; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
What You Should Do on Evacuation Alert:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents or pets, and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Make arrangements to stay with family or friends (if possible).
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.
- Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
For updates about wildfire activity, please visit the BC Wildfire Service Wildfires Map.
For more information on emergency notices within the TNRD, and to access the interactive Emergency Map, visit: tnrd.ca/emergency.
Please note that at this time, a separate Evacuation Alert also remains in place at Agate Bay for properties within jurisdiction of the Adams Lake Indian Band (ALIB). To find updates on emergency notices within ALIB jurisdiction in response to this incident, please visit: adamslakeband.org.
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377-7188
Toll Free: 1-866-377-7188