An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC).
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “I” (Blue Sky Country) and Electoral Area “N” (Beautiful Nicola Valley-South) poses a threat to the structures and residents for 94 properties addressed as:
• 2164 to 2500 Cleasby Rd;
• 3141 to 3700 Cummings Rd;
• 3725 to 3816 Davidson Rd;
• 3425 to 3455 D’Easum Rd;
• 4900 to 5240 Dot Ranch Cut-Off Rd;
• 4141 FX Ranch Rd;
• 3605 to 3685 Jack Swartz FSR;
• 5260 to 6020 Manning Creek FSR;
• 2757 to 5265 Merritt-Spences Bridge Hwy 8;
• 2728 to 3901 Petit Creek Rd;
• 2857 to 3144 Prospect Creek FSR
• 2708 to 2884 Sunshine Valley Rd; and
• any other properties located within the area noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 1000 hrs on July 22, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
• Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
• Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
• Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
• Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
• Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
• Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
For more information contact:
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377 7188
Toll Free: 1 866 377 7188