An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), effective as of July 14, 2022 at 9:30 pm, due to the Nohomin Creek wildfire event.
The Evacuation Alert is now in effect for approximately 31 addressed properties in the following areas of Electoral Area “I” (Blue Sky Country):
- All TNRD properties north of Lytton along Hwy 12, as well as all properties on the west side of the Fraser River and north of Stein River to the Squamish Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) border, as outlined on the attached map.
Please note the Evacuation Order issued on July 14, 2022 at 6:30 pm for approximately 24 address properties remains in place. This Evacuation Alert is further north of the existing Evacuation Order boundary. (See the Evacuation Order notice here).
This Evacuation Alert is in place to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an Evacuation Order; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
What You Should Do:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be issued while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents or pets, and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Make arrangements to stay with family or friends (if possible).
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Monitor for information on a potential Evacuation Order and location of Reception Centres.
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377-7188
Toll Free: 1-866-377-7188