An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC).
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “O” (Lower North Thompson) near Momich Lake poses a threat to the structures and residents for 2 properties addressed as:
• 9681 Adams East FSR;
• 9701 Adams East FSR; and
• any other properties noted within the area on the attached map
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 2000 hrs on July 14, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
• Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
• Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
• Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
• Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
• Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
• Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
For more information contact:
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Toll Free: 1-866-377-7188