An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “I” (Blue Sky Country) in the vicinity of Spences Bridge poses a threat to the structures and residents for 175 properties addressed as:
- 3577 to 3640 Big Horn Curl;
- 4884 Bridge Rd;
- 4850 to 4857 Chucker Cres;
- 3416 to 3545 Colvin Rd;
- 3701 to 3719 Deer Lane;
- 4936 Doc Rd;
- 3557 to 10320 Merritt-Spences Bridge Hwy 8;
- 3637 to 3825 North Frontage Rd;
- 4903 to 4907 Rainbow Rd;
- 3701 to 3814 Riverview Ave;
- 4800 School St;
- 3748 to 3784 South Frontage Rd;
- 7893 Speym Rd;
- 3607 to 3697 Station St;
- 4809 to 4835 Steelhead Pl;
- 3740 to 3787 Thompson View;
- 2869 to 4480 Trans-Canada Hwy; and
- any other properties located within the area noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 2200 hrs on July 20, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.