An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) effective at 1930 hrs on July 10, 2021.
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “P” (Rivers and the Peaks) poses a threat to the structures and residents for 156 properties addressed as:
- 6555 to 6596 Fawnhill Rd;
- 2484 to 2496 Fisher Rd;
- 2544 to 2592 Golden Horn Rd;
- 2304 to 2476 Heffley Lake Rd;
- 1840 to 2845 Heffley-Louis Creek Rd;
- 5854 to 6225 Lake Bay Rd;
- 6234 to 6433 Lakeshore Rd;
- 1860 to 1930 Lakeview Dr;
- 6447 to 6593 Lower Heffley Lake Rd;
- 2320 and 2321 Shaw Rd;
- 5980 to 6640 Yates Creek Rd; and
- any other properties within the boundary noted on the attached map.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separ
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception
For more information contact:
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377 7188
Toll Free: 1 866 377 7188