Sparks Lake Wildfire
An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire poses a threat to the structures and residents for 287 properties in Electoral Areas “E” (Bonaparte Plateau) and “O” (Lower North Thompson), as shown on the attached map, and as noted below:
- 5160 to 5450 Bonaparte Lake;
- 9628 to 10096 Bonaparte-Spur Lake Forest Service Rd;
- 7550 to 7900 Bonaparte-Young Lake Forest Service Rd;
- 1605 Boule-Young Lake Rd;
- 8852 to 8920 Cleveland Rd;
- 5885 to 9593 Clinton-Upper Loon Lake Forest Services Rd;
- 8928 to 9252 Eagan Cres;
- 6385 to 9550 Eagan Lake Rd;
- 280 to 5760 Eagan-Bonaparte Lake Forest Service Rd;
- 7248 to 7365 East Young Lake Rd;
- 6000 French Rd;
- 1500 Hutchinson Rd;
- 3381 to 6620 Jamieson-Spruce Grove Forest Service Rd;
- 5250 and 5440 Machete Lake;
- 5128 to 5720 Machete Lake North Rd;
- 8101 to 9715 Machete Lake Rd;
- 6220 and 6221 Montana Lake Rd;
- 7181 to 7480 North Bonaparte Rd;
- 2996 to 3185 Reed Rd;
- 5200 Secret Lake;
- 8233 Sharpe Lake Access No. 1 Rd;
- 1780 to 2265 Sharpe Lake Rd;
- 1820 to 1885 Taylor Rd;
- 7016 to 7190 Young Lake Subdivision Rd; and
- any other properties within the boundary noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 1200 hrs on July 1, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.