Sparks Lake Wildfire
An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire in Electoral Areas “E” (Bonaparte Plateau) and “J” (Copper Desert Country) poses a threat to the structures and residents for 298 addressed properties in the Loon Lake and Hihium Lake areas, as shown on the attached map, and as noted below:
- 5472 to 5993 3400 Rd;
- 5293 and 5675 342 Rd;
- 5848 Clinton-Loon Lake Forest Service Rd;
- 1810 to 3520 Look Lake Rd;
- 2970 to 3103 Stevens Rd; and
- any other properties within the boundary noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 1300 hrs on June 30, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
To view the Evacuation Alert and Map, click here.
What you should do:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.