An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), effective as of July 20, 2023 at 4:30 pm, due to the Lower East Adams Lake wildfire.
The Evacuation Alert affects approximately one addressed property in the following area of Electoral Area “O” (Lower North Thompson):
- The vicinity of McLeod Point, as outlined on the attached map.
This Evacuation Alert is in place to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property, should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an Evacuation Order; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
What You Should Do:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside of the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be issued while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents or pets, and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Make arrangements to stay with family or friends (if possible).
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/ or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area, if possible.
- Arrange transportation for all of your household and fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Pre-register for Emergency Support Services using the Province of BC’s Evacuee Registration and Assistance webpage.
- Monitor for information on a potential Evacuation Order and location of Reception Centres.
For more information and to access the interactive Emergency Map, visit: tnrd.ca/emergency.
This Evacuation Alert is being put in place in conjunction with adjacent Evacuation Alerts from the Columbia Shuswap Regional District and the Adams Lake Indian Band. To find updates on emergency notices in neighbouring jurisdictions in response to this incident, please visit: csrd.bc.ca or adamslakeband.org.
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377-7188
Toll Free: 1-866-377-7188