Sparks Lake Wildfire
An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “J” (Copper Desert Country) poses a threat to structures and residents near Red Lake, as shown on the attached map, and as noted below:
• 8092 Tranquille-Criss Creek Rd • 8088 Tranquille-Criss Creek Rd • 4000 Leblond Rd • 7900 Seven Lakes Rd • 8185 Seven Lakes Rd • 7750 Tranquille-Criss Creek Rd • 7645 Tranquille-Criss Creek Rd • 7560 Tranquille-Criss Creek Rd • 7501 Tranquille-Criss Creek Rd
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties near Red Lake, effective at 10:30pm on Monday, June 28, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
To view the Evacuation Alert and Map, click here.
What you should do:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
For more information contact: TNRD Emergency Operations Centre email@example.com 250-377-6302