An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire poses a threat to the structures and residents for 119 properties in the Sabiston Lake area of Electoral Area “J” (Copper Desert Country) as shown on the attached map, and as noted below:
- 1280 to 2245 Copper Creek Rd;
- 3037 and 3040 Dale Rd;
- 6304 to 6436 Frederick Rd;
- 9652 to 9596 Harbidge Rd;
- 9620 to 9792 Meadow Rd;
- 2040 and 3672 Sabiston Creek Rd;
- 320 to 360 Savona Dump Rd;
- 7788 to 7821 Savona Station Rd;
- 9540 to 10071 Tranquille Criss Creek Rd; and
- any other properties within the boundary noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 1200 hrs on July 4, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
For more information contact: TNRD Emergency Operations Centre Phone: 250 377 7188 Toll Free: 1 866 377 7188 email@example.com