Sparks Lake Wildfire
An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “J” (Copper Desert Country) poses a threat to the structures and residents on 150 properties in the Deadman, Red Lake, Tranquille Valley and Vidette Lake areas as noted below:
- 6385 Deadman-Cache Creek Rd
- 3653 to 7135 Deadman-Vidette Rd
- 3328 to 3988 Copper Creek Rd
- 4000 Leblond Rd
- 3401 to 3433 McBride Rd
- 3385 to 3493 Red Lake Dr
- 3453 to 3473 Strom Rd
- 8088 and 8092 Tranquille Criss Creek Rd
- 7900 and 8185 Seven Lakes Rd
- 4595 to 8660 Tranquille Criss Creek Rd
- 7888 and 8396 Clinton-Upper Loon Lake Forest Service Rd
- 7824 to 10020 Deadman-Vidette Rd
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 2200 hrs on, June 29, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
To view the Evacuation Alert and Map, click here.
What you should do:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
For more information contact: TNRD Emergency Operations Centre email@example.com 250-377-6302