An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “E” (Bonaparte Plateau) poses a threat to the structures and residents for 199 properties addressed as:
- 1556 to 1576 70 Mile Frontage Rd;
- 1512 to 1528 Cariboo Wagon Rd;
- 800 to 1912 Chasm Rd;
- 48 to 9754 Hwy 97;
- 2639 to 2740 Komori Rd;
- 8856 Liden Rd;
- 2396 to 2420 Maple Rd;
- 25 Meadow Lake Rd;
- 2025 Mound Rd;
- 2025 Mound-Loon Lake Rd;
- 2424 to 3069 North Bonaparte Rd;
- 2396 to 2449 Pine Rd;
- 1677 to 1760 Poplar Rd;
- 1552 to 1565 Raphael-Meason Rd;
- 2396 to 2429 Spruce Rd;
- 2396 to 2481 Willow Dr; and
- any other properties within the boundary noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 1030 hrs on July 14, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception.
For more information contact:
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377 7188
Toll Free: 1 866 377 7188