An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “J” (Copper Desert Country) poses a threat to the structures and residents for the following 280 addressed properties:
• 4704 to 4792 Atwater Rd;
• 5160 to 6332 Beaton Rd;
• 5747 to 6452 Buckhorn Rd;
• 5840 to 5884 Cherry Rd;
• 4325 to 5365 Chuwhels Mountain Rd;
• 9273 to 9437 Dominic Lake FSR;
• 728 and 733 Duffy Rd;
• 4715 to 4805 Foley Rd;
• 5844 to 6177 Gardi Rd;
• 1472 to 4445 Greenstone Rd;
• 9110 to 10520 Hwy 97D;
• 5080 and 5096 Lazy Acres Rd;
• 10225 and 10245 Ludvig Rd;
• 4700 to 4870 Mile High Lane;
• 4812 to 4897 Paska Lake Rd;
• 4730 to 4890 Pine Ridge Way;
• 5368 to 5960 Rodeo Dr;
• 4830 to 4860 Saddle Cres;
• 4420 Sugarloaf Rd;
• 4697 to 5940 Trans-Canada Hwy; and
• any other properties located within the area noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 1730 hrs on August 12, 2021.
To check the evacuation status of an address please go to the evacuation status dashboard on the tnrd.ca website at: http://tnrd.org/eocmap
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
• Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
• Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
• Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
• Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
• Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
• Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.
For more information contact:
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377 7188
Toll Free: 1 866 377 7188