An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC), effective August 2, 2023 at 9 pm, due to the Lower East Adams Lake Wildfire.
The Evacuation Alert is now in effect for approximately 75 addressed properties in Electoral Areas “O” (Lower North Thompson) and “P” (Rivers and the Peaks), as outlined on the attached map.
This Evacuation Alert is in place to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an Evacuation Order; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
What You Should Do:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents or pets, and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Make arrangements to stay with family or friends (if possible).
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
Further, the Village of Chase has issued an Evacuation Alert for the Adams Lake sawmill, located at 9200 Holding Road, as outlined on the attached map. This parcel of industrial land is within the Village of Chase jurisdiction, but is approximately 14 kilometres north of the village centre. For all updates affecting this property, please visit: chasebc.ca.
For updates about wildfire activity, please visit the BC Wildfire Service Wildfires Map.
For more information on emergency notices within the TNRD, and to access the interactive Emergency Map, visit: tnrd.ca/emergency.
TNRD Emergency Operations Centre
Phone: 250 377-7188
Toll Free: 1-866-377-7188