An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Kamloops.
A current wildfire in Electoral Area “L” (Grasslands) in the vicinity of Westwold poses a threat to the structures and residents for 165 properties addressed as:
- 2370 to 2912 Barnhartvale Rd;
- 2901 to 6975 Hwy 97;
- 4120 to 4249 Kristianson Rd;
- 3665 to 3862 Mill Rd;
- 3706 to 3909 Monte Lake Rd;
- 3928 to 5970 Paxton Valley Rd;
- 5209 Six Mile Creek Rd;
- 4294 Strong Rd;
- 5469 to 5545 Westlund Rd; and
- any other properties within the boundary noted on the attached map.
Because of this, the Thompson-Nicola Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for these properties, effective at 1830 hrs on July 20, 2021.
This Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor for information on evacuation orders and location of Reception Centres.